Monday, September 29, 2008

MUST VENT

What the heck is going on with the bailout? Frankly, I am opposed to it, but I am starting to wonder... If it is so urgent to the stability of our economy, like Congress keeps insisting, why did they vote it down? Now I am just a dumb voter, but if it sooo important... You know, I am starting to think that maybe we were right all along. They jumped the gun on this and can't quite back off after the fuss they made, but can not bring themselves to force it either. POLITICIANS, UGGH!

Why can't they just admit they might have made a mistake? Politicians will never say they were wrong, the best they can muster is political correctness speak - "circumstances changed", "all the information was not available at the time" or (my personal favorite) "I was for it before I was against it". A politician will deny, deny, deny in the face of overwhelming evidence, before ever admitting they are actual human beings that make mistakes. I can only speak for myself in saying that I would have far more respect for a person that will come out and just say "I was wrong, I am sorry and will learn from my mistake".

It is called being a GROWN UP and accepting responsibility.

The act of trying to justify bad decisions is immature and something I expect from my child, but hope to teach her better. In my nations leaders, I expect - wait - DEMAND - more than a childish response when they find they are wrong about something.

No comments: