Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Illegal Immigration

I am curious to see if illegal immigration makes it back into the headlines during the election. I am oppsosed to any further amnesty and am disgustesd with our federal govornment for failing to stop or deal with it. As a Texan and Border Stater (?), I see a lot of immigration issues up close and personal. I want to be perfectly clear, I am not opposed to legal immigration - what I oppose is the flagrant disregard for our sovereignty, laws and national security. If I commit a felony, I will be prosecuted. Period. Why is our federal govornment allowing this to continue unadressed?

I may have a biased perpective - because my husband is in construction and has not been able to charge a normal cost of living raise in ten years. He can not because he is having to compete with illegal immigrants that live in a house with twenty other guys and can charge a lower price for the same work; so my American-born husband has been working for ten years without a raise in pay. Essentially, he is making less than he was ten years ago due to the rising costs of materials and gas. So, admittedly, I have a pet peeve about this issue.

Pet peeve aside - wrong is wrong. My ancestors fought in practically every military conflict this country has been involved in, going back to the Revolutionary War. I am pretty sure that our founders and forefathers did not come to this country, some died for this country, just so we could hand it over to another country (ies).

It is PAST time for our elected officials to get with the program.

ATTENTION CONGRESS: ENFORCE OUR LAWS, SECURE OUR BORDERS, DO YOUR SWORN DUTY TO UPHOLD THE CONSTITUTION

The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic violence. The Constitution of the United States of America

No comments: