Monday, February 23, 2009

LMAO, buit its really not that funny!!

I have been so frustrated that I have actually been avoiding the news lately. I know that I should keep up with what the leadership of this country is doing, but I am so disgusted that I can not stand anymore.

However, I almost spit Diet Coke all over my compluter when I saw this:

"Urging future restraint even as current spending soars, President Barack Obama pledged on Monday to dramatically slash the skyrocketing annual budget deficit as he started to dole out the record $787 billion economic stimulus package he signed last week....The president also said he would reinstitute a rule that the government pay as it goes, rather than racking up debt, and he sought to prepare people for "tough choices" in years to come. He called the long-term solvency of Social Security "the single most pressing fiscal challenge we face by far" and said reforming health care, including burgeoning entitlement programs, is a huge priority."

Its funny that he sees Social Security as a "pressing" issue now, after the dems fought so hard to stop President Bush from trying to deal with Social Security when he was President.

I am dying to know when the President is going to impliment his "pay as you go" policy?? Seeing as he just signed the BIGGEST SPENDING BILL IN HISTORY and points to the debt he inherited from the previous administration.

Does anybody see any possible way for him to halve the national debt?? My degree is in an unrelated field, so maybe I am missing a part of the plan... REALLY! ANYBODY THAT CAN HELP ME UNDERSTAND WHAT HE IS DOING, HELP ME OUT HERE!!

1 comment:

Steven M Nielson said...

Tex -

Simmple - you pay off the debt by running the printing presses day and night, take all that cash and deposit it in the accounts payable, and viola... unfortunately you get stagnation in the economy caused by hyper inflation... but hey, the debt is cut in half!

Cheers!

Steve