I saw a report today that the FBI is investigating multiple businesses that have been recipiants of the BAILOUT money!! It seems that they have been investigating for a while, but it escaped my attention - probably because I have been too lightheaded over the astronomical amounts of OUR money that Congress is giving away!! I cannot wait for the arrests to begin!!!
Now for the insanity: Earlier this week, Senator Chuck Schumer had this to say, "For the first time, New Yorkers can feel proud and walk tall, because the federal government is coming to our aid." Yeah, New York, you blew it and so we the taxpayers are BAILING YOU OUT - feel proud!! Since when is a BAILOUT something ANYBODY should feel proud of needing??
He also had this to say in the interim when the BAILOUT was being debated, "...and let me say this, to all the chattering class - so much focuses on those little, tiny - yes, porky amendments - the American people really don't care..."
Notice those words - little and tiny - he is referring to the $886,000 for the Frisbee Golf Park in Austin, the $500,000 for a dog park in California, the $50 MILLION for a Mob Museum in Las Vegas - you know these tiny items.
It also includes these items on the wish list published by the Wall Street Journal:
A wish list that is 11,391 projects strong! What vital infrastructure projects would cash-strapped taxpayers get for their $73 billion? Here's a sampling:
- Hercules, Calif., wants $2.5 million in hard-earned taxpayer money for a "Waterfront Duck Pond Park," and another $200,000 for a dog park.
- Euless, Texas, wants $15 million for the Midway Park Family Life Center, which, you'll be glad to note, includes both a senior center and aquatic facility. (Hey, at least it is for PEOPLE, not ducks and dogs!)
- Natchez, Miss., "needs" a new $9.5 million sports complex "which would allow our city to host major regional and national sports tournaments."
- Henderson, Nev., is asking for $20 million to help "develop a 60 acre multi-use sports field complex."
- Brigham City, Utah, wants $15 million for a sports park.
- Arlington, Texas, needs $4 million to expand its tennis center. (Arlington should just get Jerry Jones to pay for this, since it is no big deal...)
- Miami, Fla., needs $15 million for a "Moore Park Community Center, Tennis Center and Day Care" facility. The city is also desperate for $3.6 million to build a covered basketball court and a new tennis court at Robert King High Park. Then there's the $94 million Orange Bowl parking garage you are being asked to pay for.
- La Porte, Texas, wants $7.6 million for a "Life Style Center." (What the Hell is a Life Style Center??
- Oakland, Calif., needs $1 million for Fruitvale Latino Cultural and Performing Arts Center.
I am not sure what angers me the most... Chuck Schumer referring to these millions of taxpayer dollars as "little" and "tiny" or the bureaucrats coming out of the woodwork with their grubby little hands out begging for US to pay for their pet projects.
Schumer's comments are sooo indicative of the attitude in DC about money. To them, a few million here and a few million there is completely insignificant.
To US - the people paying the bill, it is a very big deal.
And Chuck, I DO CARE and I am watching you!
The Most Beautiful Act of Compassion
3 years ago