Sunday, December 21, 2008

ARE YOU COMPLETELY FREAKING OUT YET??!

The president, George W. Bush has again decided to ignore the will of the people and also the decision of Congress and is authorizing a BAILOUT for the Big Three; $17.4 BILLION dollars.

PLUS, Congress is due for the annual pay increase; however, just as I said about the corporate execs with the Big Three, do you really get a raise when you are doing a completely crappy job? Congress' approval rating has been as low as 12% in recent months and yet they still feel deserving of a raise.

I AM SICK OF ELECTED OFFICIALS SPENDING TAXPAYER MONEY WITH SO LITTLE ACCOUNTABILITY!

You people have got to be kidding. Most of Congress is independently wealthy; it wasn't supposed to be that way but who else can take off work from a real job for months at a time to campaign?? I know I can't. Yet they want more.

There are a few heroes that are standing up to colleagues regarding this pay raise. Rep. Harry Mitchell, a first-term Democrat from Arizona, Rep. Dan Burton, R-Ind,Rep. Gresham Barrett, R-SC and Rep. Jim Matheson, D-Utah are all opposed to the pay hike and some have taken drastic measures against it. Mitchell, Burton and Barrett have all tried to push legislation that would curtail automatic pay increases, but the efforts were unsuccessful. Burton is returning his pay increase to the Treasury Department. Matheson has been trying to put the brakes on automatic pay raises for 8 years, but has been voted down by the greedier colleagues.

I see this as a bi-partisan problem and a bi-partisan effort to stop it. I want to give credit where it is due. Mitchell and Matheson are both Democrats on the right side of this issue and I thank them for looking out for the taxpayers. I hope that Bill O'Reilly points them out as "Patriots" this week. No one else seems to be looking out for the citizens of this country.

I want a REAL CHANGE. I want leaders that are not all about spending more of my hard earned money on wasteful, stupid programs that are (1)useless (Endowment for the Arts, PBS), (b) don't work (No Child Left Behind, Homeland Security)or (c) a complete insult to my sense of right and wrong (Planned Parenthood). Next election cycle, I may just advocate firing ALL INCUMBANTS.

No comments: